Sales & Customer Service Handler (Touring Caravan Team)
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and an up to date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main purpose of Department/Team:
The development and administration of all retail insurance products, trading under all brands and trading names associated with VISL and any other affinity groups/general public that currently or in the future are to be offered these insurances.
To achieve growth through the provision of quality products, excellent customer service and customer retention.
- To advise and process requests relating to all aspects of retail insurance products across our brands.
- To assist with the sale of products as applicable, and as stated in underwriters criteria in a manner consistent with best practice and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- To operate within set guidelines and agreed areas of product competency.
Key tasks and measurements:
|Key tasks||Minimum expectations|
|1. Contribute towards the teams set sales targets and/or set service levels.||Aim to meet the set sale targets and/or set service levels.Identify and apply cross selling opportunities.|
Provide best advice, taking into account customer demands and needs.
|2. Provide exceptional customer service.||Provide prompt, accurate and courteous responses to all customer enquiries.Ensure adequate and effective processing of the day to day business administration.|
Carry out any other duties as may be required to ensure our customers remain satisfied.
Ensure any expressions of customer dissatisfaction are notified appropriately and resolved as soon as possible.
|3. Attend shows and events as required by the company.|
Knowledge and skills to perform key tasks:
- Aware of the companies mission statement, values and group strategies and applies the knowledge to working practices
- Good level of knowledge and awareness of the values and business philosophies of all affiliation groups
- Good knowledge and understanding of retail insurance product(s) required within team
- Ability to identify customer needs
- Demonstrates an awareness of the current regulatory issues within the industry
- Good knowledge and understanding of internal procedures
- Good knowledge and understanding of business systems
- Able to process standard new business, Renewal and MTA transactions using SSP and other platforms
- Able to provide information and process transactions in respect of appropriate retail products
- Able to identify and apply cross selling opportunities as applicable
- Good aural, written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgement
- Friendly and professional approach at all times
- Award in Insurance – desirable (required for career progression)
Key performance indicators:
- Sales against target
- Service level against target
- Quality of advice provided
- Level of complaints
- In-house appraisals
- In-house assessments
- Level of errors
- Senior Account Handler
- Team Leader
- Team Manager
- Learning and Development Manager
- Retail Operations Manager
- Any customer approaching VISL direct or a member of The Camping & Caravanning Club, or an organisation, with whom VISL has an affinity arrangement.