Sales & Customer Service Handler (Motor Team)
To apply for this position, please send a covering letter and an up to date copy of your CV to email@example.com
Main purpose of Department/Team:
The development and administration of all retail insurance products, trading under all brands and trading names associated with VISL and any other affinity groups/general public that currently or in the future are to be offered these insurances.
To achieve growth through the provision of quality products, excellent customer service and customer retention.
- To advise and process requests relating to all aspects of retail insurance products across our brands.
- To assist with the sale of products as applicable, and as stated in underwriters criteria in a manner consistent with best practice and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- To operate within set guidelines and agreed areas of product competency.
Key tasks and measurements:
|Key tasks||Minimum expectations|
|1. Contribute towards the teams set sales targets and/or set service levels.||Aim to meet the set sale targets and/or set service levels.|
Identify and apply cross selling opportunities.
Provide best advice, taking into account customer demands and needs.
|2. Provide exceptional customer service.||Provide prompt, accurate and courteous responses to all customer enquiries.|
Ensure adequate and effective processing of the day to day business administration.
Carry out any other duties as may be required to ensure our customers remain satisfied.
Ensure any expressions of customer dissatisfaction are notified appropriately and resolved as soon as possible.
|3. Attend shows and events as required by the company.|
Knowledge and skills to perform key tasks:
- Aware of the companies mission statement, values and group strategies and applies the knowledge to working practices
- Good level of knowledge and awareness of the values and business philosophies of all affiliation groups
- Good knowledge and understanding of retail insurance product(s) required within team
- Ability to identify customer needs
- Demonstrates an awareness of the current regulatory issues within the industry
- Good knowledge and understanding of internal procedures
- Good knowledge and understanding of business systems
- Able to process standard new business, Renewal and MTA transactions using SSP and other platforms
- Able to provide information and process transactions in respect of appropriate retail products
- Able to identify and apply cross selling opportunities as applicable
- Good aural, written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgement
- Friendly and professional approach at all times
- Award in Insurance – desirable (required for career progression)
Key performance indicators:
- Sales against target
- Service level against target
- Quality of advice provided
- Level of complaints
- In-house appraisals
- In-house assessments
- Level of errors
- Senior Account Handler
- Team Leader
- Team Manager
- Learning and Development Manager
- Retail Operations Manager
- Any customer approaching VISL direct or a member of The Camping & Caravanning Club, or an organisation, with whom VISL has an affinity arrangement.